- 1 1/2 lb. thawed chicken thighs or breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1 c. honey
- 1/2 c. soy sauce (I like to use low sodium.)
- 1/2 c. diced onion
- 1/4 c. ketchup
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil or olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 4 tsp. cornstarch dissolved in 6 Tbsp of water
- 1/2 Tbsp (or more) sesame seeds
- 3 scallions, chopped
- Lightly season both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper and put into the crock pot.
- In a medium bowl, combine honey, soy sauce, onion, ketchup, oil, garlic, and pepper flakes. Pour over the chicken and cook on low for 4 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the crock pot, leaving the sauce. Dissolve 4 tsp. of cornstarch in 6 Tbsp of water and pour right into the crock pot. Stir to combine with the sauce. Replace the lid and cook sauce on high for 10 more minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Cut or shred the chicken into bite size pieces. Then in individual bowls or on plates, place the chicken pieces over cooked rice and spoon some sauce on top. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and chopped scallions.