- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 ounces butter, melted
- 2 large free range eggs, beaten
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup of chopped toasted pecans
- 2 handfuls of mini marshmallows
- 2 ounces butter, melted
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder, sifted
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup icing sugar, sifted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 9 inch flan pan with a removable bottom well and then set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Beat together the butter, eggs and vanilla.
- Add to the dry ingredients and mix until smooth. Stir in the toasted nuts.
- Pour into the prepared pan. Bake on a middle shelf of the oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Immediately sprinkle the marshmallows on top and return to the oven for a few minutes to melt the marshmallows.
- Remove from the oven and carefully spread the chocolate frosting over top.
- To make the chocolate frosting mix all ingredients together in a bowl, beating with an electric whisk until smooth and thick. Spread on the hot marshmallows.